Storytelling is one of my favorite ways to share a Bible story with my class. With a little practice, anyone with practice can tell a great story. In order to tell a good story, there are three fundamental steps you need to take in order to be a good storyteller.
Know the story!
- Read the story aloud three times.
- Tell as much of the story as you can from memory. You don’t have to get the re-telling perfect, and you probably won’t the first time.
- Read the story aloud again.
- As you read, try to picture the story in your mind.
- Divide the story into three or four scenes according to the action in the story. This step will help you remember the story better.
- Re-tell the story again. You did better this time didn’t you?
- If you are still having trouble try repeating this process again.