Just like Troy in “High School Musical” I sometimes am challenged to keep my head in the game. I have trouble concentrating at work when I have so much going on in Summit Kidz. I had to learn to be intentional in managing my time at work.
Here are several practical things that I have found helpful:
1. I keep a notebook on my desk. When I think of something that I need to do, I jot it down to work on it later. This also doubles as my “dream pad” where I will note different ideas I might come up with through the day to expand on later.
2. I schedule phone conferences during my lunch. Not being available during the day for meetings can be difficult and I have found this a great alternative. I also take notes during every conversation so that I can refer to them later.
3. I read during my breaks. I have my Bible and a book with me each day. This allows me to study and prepare for lessons.
4. I download podcasts to listen to while working. This is a great source of encouragement and also is a learning tool for me.
5. I have several of my kidmin friends twitter updates set to come to my cellphone in text form. This allows me to view discussions and also save any shared links to check out later.
All of these assist me in staying focused at work and to keep my head in the game.