There is no I in team, but if you rearrange the letters a bit you can find me. In a world that promotes an “all about me” mindset, it can be difficult to find yourself as part of a team. I have been watching the tv show “Friday Night Lights” with my boys, and it made me look at children’s ministry through the similarities of a football team.
- A team has to have a coach. A person to direct from the sidelines. A person to train and teach the players on the field.
- There are cheerleaders who root for the team while they are on the field and encourage them during the time between games.
- Every player is essential. They work together towards the same goal.
- Each player has a position according to their giftings. The expectations of those positions are clearly defined.
- Players meet on a regular basis to fine tune the team. This means celebrating the wins and brainstorming ways to improve.