“Christmas time is here Happiness and cheer Fun for all that children call Their favorite time of the year!”
Ah, yes . . . Christmas time is here and while children are likely to be focused on the gifts they hope to receive . . . as for many children it is their favorite time of year, I believe it is the ideal time to redirect their focus on giving to others! So . . . here are my Top 5 Reasons for Focusing Kids on Giving at Christmas . . .
- Jesus is our Example . . . He gave to us – John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (ESV)
- Jesus told us to give to others . . . when we give to others, we are choosing to obey Jesus – John 15:12 “‘This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.’” (ESV)
- Giving to others brings glory to God! – Matthew 5:16 “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” (ESV)
- It pleases God – Hebrews 13:16 “Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.” (ESV)
- It shows by what we do God’s love is in us! – I John 3:17 “But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?” (ESV)